Wednesday, September 8, 2010

By the Gods!

Game Title: God of War Collection

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment

God of War. It's been around a few years now and it's one of the more popular series for the Playstation 2 and 3. I have and have beaten both God of War 1 and 2 on the PS2 when they were originally released. I remember enjoying them but finding them a bit difficult.

Last Fall, Sony released this HD collection, redoing GoW 1 and 2 in High-Def, in preparation for God of War 3, which would end the series. For some reason, I just needed these games in Hi-Def. It didn't matter that I already owned them and beat them, I need them amped up on whatever steroids gave Kratos his manly physique. Thanks for some extra Goozex points and the free trading on PS3 titles back in June, I picked this up.

God of War is the story of Kratos, who like to kill things, sometimes even Gods. He was tricked by Ares, the god of War, and became his kill puppet. Until he accidentally killed his wife and child. Kratos then decided he would kill Ares. And so, his journey begins to acquire the powers he needs to beat Ares. Can he succeed?! Well, since there are three games I would safely assume so.

These games are a lot of fun. You slice and dice demons and other supernatural creatures with your Blades of Chaos, powered by Athena herself. You power them up, learn new combos and are then able to slice and dice in new and interesting ways. Lots of blood and dismembered body parts. Yay!

Something has happened to these games though. I remember them being much more difficult than this play through. Maybe it is because I already played them, even though it was years ago, that I did better. I remembered getting to a few sections that I had trouble with initially and blew right through.

Except for the final battle with Ares at the end of GoW 1. Jesus, that was still a bitch and a half. I will man up and admit I had to switch to easy difficulty to finish the game.

So, God of War collection, I thank you for the fun times and the bolstering of my PS3 Trophy count.

Next Level: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game

No comments: