Thursday, November 18, 2010

No More Games for 2010?

I picked up Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood on Tuesday. After using $40 in gaming coupons from K-Mart I walked out of the store really happy with my purchase. The game has been getting fantastic reviews and I may actually take a dip into the multiplayer pool since it sounds like it's a pretty different experience from the normal "run & gun" most games present. The only thing standing between me and getting my stabby on is Vanquish, which I am about half way through and should have completed next weekend. A pesky family trip this weekend is keeping me from any gaming at all.

This purchase may just mark the end of my video games for 2010. Sure, I still want to pick up a few odds and ends, mostly Alan Wake and Deadly Conspiracy and possibly Splatterhouse next week, but for the most part I think I am good to go until Dead Space 2 is out at the end of January.

So, basically two months of uninterrupted game play. The shelf can only hopefully get smaller for the next 70 or so days.

2011 looks like it is shaping up pretty nicely too. Looking forward to Dead Space 2, L.A. Noire, The ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD re-release, Gears of War 3, Batman: Arkham City, Uncharted 3, The Last Guardian and I'm sure a slew more I am either forgetting about or that haven't been announced yet but I know I will want.

It's been a very slow process but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

No comments: